Thursday, July 2, 2009

Red Kite Prayer

When Radio Freddy first asked me to contribute to Belgium Knee Warmers, I wasn’t quite sure what to make of his blog. It was interesting, but I wasn’t sure I had anything to add. I kept reading and eventually I saw an opportunity to contribute to what was becoming a conversation between him and the fledgling readership.

As I kept writing, I began to find my rhythm, seeing opportunities to write about topics and in ways I hadn’t for other publications. The feedback from the readership wasn’t always positive, but it was always enthusiastic and its immediacy drove me in ways I never expected. Indeed, I got more than a few reader suggestions along the way and I made notes. Who knows what I may write down the road?

But that road will be unfolding at a new URL. The time and opportunity have come to step up my efforts. Beginning today (right now, as a matter of fact) you’ll find my new posts at Red Kite Prayer. There you can find an explanation of the phrase, finally learn my identity and background and get a taste of things to come.

BKW isn’t going away; you’ll continue to see the content we compiled here. I’ve invited Radio Freddy and each of the contributors you’ve seen here to continue sharing their work with you at Red Kite Prayer.

It’s been a great ride with you. Stay tuned.

—Padraig

7 comments:

bikesgonewild said...

...may i be the first on this site to congratulate you on the additional new venture...

..."double your pleasure, double your fun..."...

...you (& radio freddy) are always a wonderful read & good starting point for so many varied views in the comments...

...so, looking forward to red kite prayer...

Padraig said...

Thanks much. BKW will always be close to my heart, a town from which I was sad to move.

Robert H said...

It looks wonderful so far Padraig. I hope you can keep that momentum and maybe even get a buck or two in your pocket. Good luck with everything

WheelDancer said...

I really enjoy your writing and will seek it out where ever it lands!

The Hat said...

BKW is the first blog I look for in the morning. I'm disappointed when you don't post. It's thoughtful and well written. You and Freddy introduced me to the finer aspects of cycling. It's one of the best. Best of luck with Red Kite.

Unknown said...

Seems like u r backing out on your sponser in a way.... No big deal. Loyalty in cycling? Maybe not possible right now the same way everyone seems to think getting divorced right now is the way to go. Meaningful relationships are at a premium during a recession. Good luck with RIP, I mean RKP... But BKW is the one for me!

James T said...

I am excited about the new site...it looks great. Certainly I will continue to follow BKW, but I have added RKP to my feed reader as well. The more great content, the better.

Good luck with the new site Padraig.